Monday, October 14, 2013

its blog eight.


I can’t seem to find a piece of writing to revise or revisit for this week’s blog. I can no longer stare at my past works, a black and white jumbled pile of letters, trying to manipulate them into being something better than what they are now (Appositive phrase offset by comas and a Participial phrase ) . That’s not saying that they are already perfect, because that would be far from the truth, but instead I believe I am say that my mid semester burn out has seem to hit me this morning and my brain has gone blank. I now find myself- a blank chaotic mess- writing down this piece trying to capture all of this week POWS while also seriously reassessing my life(Appositive phrase offset by dashes). It seems like it’s a really serious task reassessing my entire life, but I have come to the point where I don’t believe I have very much energy left and new life goals are in order. If I’m being honest here, I also think I’m being a little lazy and bitter (a deadly combination) due to the fact that editing everyone else’s papers is my job, so trying to build up the energy to rework my own words and thoughts has become nearly impossible (Appositive phrase offset by parenthesis).  My brain, fading and lost, has lost all hope in productivity in pretty much any realm today and so I find myself in a very cynical and pointless state of being today (Adjectives out of order).  I also feel as though I am looking out for the well being of the on viewers here:  you really wouldn’t want to read about how the individual functions within a larger group as through the lens of the seven different novels I’ve read this semester (Appositive phrase offset by a colon?). You also probably wouldn’t want to reread my Dora piece, nor would you care to relook at my goals, so in all actuality I think I may be doing you all a bigger favor than I am doing myself.  So we will chalk this blog as a benefit to not only my mental health but possibly for yours as well and here's hoping I have more energy tomorrow.  

 

2 comments:

  1. Savanah, I thought your blog post was really entertaining this week! I really enjoyed reading it and I thought you did a great job including appositives appropriately throughout your post. I really liked your examples of appositives that were set off by commas and parenthesis. However, I am not sure that the appositive set off by a colon was correct since I am not sure that it further describes how you are looking out for the well-being of viewers in a clear or related way. I also do not think your participial phrase is correct since it is part of the main verb, it is not a brush stroke. Otherwise, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job, Savanah!

    Appositives punctuated 4 ways:
    YES--1 set off by parenthesis
    YES--1 set off by dashes
    NO--1 set off by colon (Ashley explained why this one isn't a clear-cut as It could be.)

    YES--1 Participial Phrase— either past or present participle okay, but remember that this is a brush stroke added onto a main sentence, which means that if your participle is part of the main verb, it's not a brush stroke.

    YES--1 example Adjectives Out-Of-Order

    ReplyDelete